Odontectomy Experience

"Odontectomy is the extraction of an embedded tooth and consists in the removal of the bone surrounding the tooth before applying the necessary force for the extraction. Basically, odontectomy represents the surgical extraction of the tooth which is totally or partially included in the bone."

I had to go to the clinic by 11AM to get the drug prescription I needed for the procedure.

I returned to the clinic by 1PM.

The nurse required me to take the meds before the surgery. I had to take prednisone 30mg at 1:30pm.
Then after an hour, by 2:30PM, I took, mefenamic acid, tranexamic acid and clindamycin.

The dentist had finished the last patient she had.

By 3:00PM my surgery went on.

The assistant nurse put something around my mouth, It was a solution that numbs your skin. (Funny thing happened that time was the assistant told me “maam, close lang po natin”. I thought she was referring to my eyes so I closed it. Then I start feeling something around my mouth so I shut it and opened my eyes. HAHAHA. Dumb ariane. She was referring to my mouth pala.

After feeling numb, the dentist already approached the dental chair, and asked me to open my mouth. She saw I haven’t gargled yet so I was so embarrassed but she meant something different about the gargling thing, I thought I will gargle a water solution, but to my surprise, it was a betadine-like solution. IT WAS SO GROSS!

The dentist assembled the anesthesia thingy, I’m not afraid of needles so it was just meh~

She started injecting the anesthetic and it was a bit painful, especially when she pushed it deeper. I guess I had five shots around the tooth.

While waiting for complete numbness, we watched a show on the TV.

The dentist asked if I felt anything while she's doing something on my mouth. I’m aware that shes putting pressure on the tooth but I really don’t feel anything so I mouthed no.

And It began.....

The scalpel thing, the slicing of my gums thing. But it was not felt. Really, I was just sitting and watching the show.

After her thing, the dentist joked “Ariane labas na ang kaluluwa mo” I faint a smile. “Mumog ka muna” On my thoughts were “NO DOC, it’s GROSS”

I gargled the gross-solution and when I spit it out. The liquid went everywhere. I cannot control my mouth! Hahahaha, that was so funny. That’s what the local aneathesia does to your mouth. Hahahahha

All the boring removing of my tooth was done.

Stitching part! 

The dentist got a hard  time on her last stitch “Mas mahirap pa magtahi ariane oh”  sabay tayo then the sticthes were done!

YEY!

My odontectomy is finally done!

I thanked everyone in the clinic but I guess they didn't understand what i said, I had gauze on  my mouth. HAHAHA


-------------------------
The post-treatment was the worse.
All those medicines and oral gel I had to take and apply sucks.



Medyomean

2 comments:

  1. Hi R, how much was the cost of your surgery back then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm,around 7k ata. Wala pay apil icecream.Hahaha

      Delete