Sanchez Peak

It was days before Christmas when we planned to trek the Sanchez Peak. I was originally invited by one of my beshies but i was not able to join them because I was very busy preparing for the Christmas eve.

On Christmas day, one of my friends from elementary messaged me if I am available for a mini-reunion. I suggested that we hike Sanchez Peak for a change and also because I want it off my bucket list.

We planned and decided that the hike will be on the next day, a day hike.

Itinerary:
6:45AM-7:15AM - Travel from Public Market to Olympog
7:15AM-7:30AM - Registration and Preparation
7:30AM-10:00AM - Trek to Peak
10:00AM-12:00AM - Rest and Preparation for Lunch
12:00NN-1:00PM - Lunch
1:00PM-5:30PM - Chill at the Peak
5:30PM-6:00PM - Prep for downhill trek
6:00PM-7:00PM - Downhill trek


Suggested Outfit
  • Shirt
  • Tights/Leggings
  • Shoes
  • Cap
Things to Bring:
  • Water Bottle
  • Umbrella
  • Food
  • Extra Shirt
  • Jacket
  • Slippers
  • Wet wipes
  • Utensils
After an hour of trekking, we are now half-way to the peak. The place shown in the picture is called "Kalubihan" because it is surrounded by coconut (lubi) trees.


Expenses:

  • Fare from Public Market to Olympog -210/tricycle, 35/pax
  • Environmental Fee - 10
  • Entrance Fee: 20
  • Foods and Beverages availed at the top:
    • Tinola - 210php/kilo
    • 1.5L softdrinks - 70php
    • Water Jug - 60php
  • Fare to Downtown - 210/tricycle, 35/pax

TOTAL EXPENSES w/o FOOD = 100/pax

800ft ASL.





The majestic view at Sanchez Peak. Mt. Matutum peeking at the back.





Next stop, Lake Holon! See you there!

Medyomean

No comments:

Post a Comment